Always run your games in expert mode. Playing in hard mode doesn’t mean that you are overestimating your capacity or are simply obnoxious. By not choosing the easy route, you experience more in a reasonable amount of time.
Here are some reasons why you should always play in expert mode:
- If you are not a risk-taker in real life, why not amp up your virtual self? After all, you have unlimited number of lives in-game. You can always repeat a level that you cannot overcome.
- . Failing in easy mode rubs your character’s face in the mud. Sure, it doesn’t suck much in versus games where the characters are standard; but if you put oh so many precious minutes in choosing your character’s hair color, then all your aesthetic badass-ery goes down the sink. Gaming in expert mode actually saves face. If you lose, just say “Hey, this is boss level every friggin time.”
- Conquer the game. You should never aim to simply finish the game, but conquer it. Gaming in easy mode is like replaying the tutorial until the end of the story. Real life is not easy, so man up your virtual self. If you can’t conquer the game, there’s no use playing.
- A challenge brings thrill. In expert mode, you will not get bored easily. The further you are in the game, the stronger your opponents are. As such, it vindicates your equipment shopping spree and the extra sheen you put on your armor.
- If you grew up in the same compound as mine where consoles and computers are shared, you would understand that the party-system does not only occur in-game. When the main player cannot defeat the boss, he passes the controller to another. Or when the opposing team gangs up on one player, the rest of the party will come as reinforcement in another clash. Shouts of panic and battle commands will ensue and, hey, I’d say that’s a real-life party!
Now Playing: Cytus Hard Mode